Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And how amazingly awesome is your plan that cannot be thwarted by any man no matter how big or strong or ugly or evil he be, because through you is victory. And it's victory that I now speak of and have to let out of my skin because for too long it's been contained therein.

Lord I praise you because you are different and efficient. And you've tweaked my spirit just enough so that I can taste and see that you truly are good. I praise your name today and tomorrow and forever.

I have a new obsession with Bradley Hathaway. It's probably unhealthy. This is from his poem I Felt Really Good This Day, Yes. He's amazing. You definitely need to check his stuff out. I am constantly forgetting that we are in the midst of a war. A war that we ultimately are victorious over nevertheless a war we must continue to fight.

The definition of victory is: The defeat of an enemy in battle, or of an antagonist in any contest; a gaining of the superiority in any struggle or competition; conquest; triumph; -- the opposite of defeat. THE OPPOSITE OF DEFEAT. Goodness I get so excited when I am reminded that God, who is the ultimate victory, is on my side. Mine.

Nothing can defeat. NOTHING can come between My God and His plans. Not even I. No matter how many times I royally screw things up; again and again and again and again. No matter how many times I let my selfishness invade HE PREVAILS. Because He is so GOOD there is nothing too bad for Him to overcome.

And because of this I will remain constantly in praise of HIM. For every scar; physically and emotionally. For every broken bone, muscle, relationship; I will praise Him because He is worthy of every breath and every thought. Every breath and every thought.

Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? (Romans 7:24 esv)
He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again. (2 Corinthians 1:10 esv)



No comments:

Post a Comment