Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Creator of Splendor.





I think that these words sloshed together are truly awe-inspiring. They have stamped themselves inside my brain reminding me not to be apprehensive. Because honestly I want to be brilliant. Now before we (we as in I) get ahead of ourselves lets remind ourselves (myself?) that brilliance in itself(myself) is irrelevant. (I'm fully aware that the previous sentence probably makes absolutely no sense to anyone's mind but my own). I want my brilliance to come from the creator of splendor. I want to act in obedience, with full confidence, whenever He so much as whispers a request. I want to humbly trust Him with my incompetence. I want fear to be a four letter word that I scoff at. I scoff at you fear. And as the great inspirational writer Akon says: Cause I was raised up to show no fear. Cowardly hearts will never last long here (I do not suggest the investigation of these lyrics). Cowardly hearts don't last long with Elohim. So... I will no longer have a cowardly heart and you shouldn't either. Duh. Because being cowardly is the epitome of selfishness and who wants to be selfish? Not I.



So be brilliant. That's all I'm saying.



He is not afraid of bad news; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD.
(Psalm 112:7 ESV)

He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?”
(Mark 4:40 ESV)

2 comments: