Tuesday, October 11, 2011

God has Ruined Me.

If you haven't already figured out I love words. Even more than words I love their definitions. I was listening to a video Lysa Terkeurst has on her website and she used one of my favorite words in her answer to a question. She said "God ruined me for good". I love that statement. Being ruined for good is such an oxymoron.

Ruined: the downfall, decay, or destruction of anything. the complete loss of health, means, position, hope, or the like.

God ruins me on a daily basis and I worship Him for it. He ruins my selfish pride. He ruins my dependency on those around me; earthly things. God ruins my laziness and lack of motivation. He ruins my vanity. God HATES my sin therefore he wants it destroyed. God does all of this because I asked Him too. Lysa also says something about this in her video. She said she asked God to do a dangerous thing. She asked Him to unsettle her. I asked God to ruin me. Destroy anything inside me that gets in Your way. Which like Lysa says is a dangerous, scary thing.

So... if you want to live your life on the edge ask Him such things. It's scary and yes it is dangerous but it will bring you closer to Him and closer to all the wonderful (wonderful yet hard) things He has planned for your life.


I feel as if this post is less than par. But for some reason He brought it to my attention this morning so I figured I would share.


No comments:

Post a Comment