Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Good Enough For Me.

Living simply in order to achieve greatness.

I've always known that I could live a fairly simple life and be incredibly happy. Living in the family that I do and being a part of Master's Commission has made me a dreamer. I have big things planned out in my head, incredible things that would glorify God. Most of these dreams have been planted inside me by the Creator himself. What I haven't ever been able to wrap my brain around is my desire to have both a simple life and and an incredible one. I would love to just get married, live in a simple house on a decent amount of land, have and adopt a bunch of chiltrens, and just be a mom. Maybe write a little here and there. All of this would definitely glorify God but there is also a desire in my heart to do Great things for Him. He has given me these desires and these talents for a reason. He has called me to be great.

Recently He has told me that I will one day be a speaker. SCARY. I am horrible at speaking. I was actually talking about this last night. Give me a pen and a piece of paper and my thoughts and feelings will flow but ask me a question and the words are stuck somewhere deep down in my throat. It's crazy. I can tell that He is using this year to push me in this area. I just learned how to control my tongue and He's already asking me to release that control to Him. You can't live a simple life and be a speaker that travels around the country.

If you've never heard of Lysa Terkeurst you should look her up. She's amazing. I was listening to her at a brunch my mom dragged me too and I was just fascinated. Her story is completely different from mine and we have very little in common but as I was listening to her God just said "That will be you. Prepare yourself for me to use you" I mean... I don't know about you but that's a tad bit scary for me. I would have never thought in a million years. (God's had a lot of those I would have never thoughts happening in my life lately) How does one prepares one's self for a role like that?

It's been quite frustrating. There haven't been many people that I have told about this and I think that has been a mistake (Hence me putting it out there for all of you to read). Because I still so much desire a simple life. I was talking to my Godmother the other day while I was home for the weekend and she just really opened my eyes to a LOT of things. And while she was talking I felt God tug at me a little. He can't trust me with the Greatness he has for me (and my family) if I can't first live simply. It was definitely an ah ha moment. A light bulb went on for sure. The desire for simplicity is a good thing. It's what He wants me to desire. I am to live a simple life and then at some point when I least expect it He will shine through me and (hopefully) everyone around me will see His greatness. And I will do great things for Him.

I have been told that I have to have a plan. I have been taught to live an exceptional life. I have been taught that living simply is almost unacceptable. I have been told that I must and will be great. But really all that I think God really wants from me is to serve Him daily and take it one step at a time. So I don't have a plan right now. I'm taking it one day at a time and when He tells me something I will listen. I am not and will never be great but He is. That's more than good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment