Saturday, October 8, 2011

Trust me.

I am allowed to make mistakes.
I am allowed to make decisions that you don't agree with.
I am even allowed to make decisions that you are not proud of.
I am allowed to disappoint.
I am not perfect or better than anyone else on this earth.

I am still growing.
I am still learning.
I am struggling.
I am still trying to figure out exactly what I believe and how God wants me to live my life.
My life.
His life.

Let me make mistakes.
Be happy for me in the choices I am making.
Support me without question.
If or when I come running to you for counsel envelope me and help me through it.
When I come running to you.
I need to know that you have my back; always.
It should not be a question in my mind.
I should always be able to tell you everything and anything at any time.


You want me to grow up and figure out my life. Then let me.
Let me grow up.
I promise it will not last forever.


I love you more than words could ever express and I so badly want to make you proud.
I want to be someone that you can boast about.
I want to have everything together. I don't want to be a mess anymore.
I don't want to be a disappointment.
But it is admissible.
You have taught me the best that you knew how.
Now trust that I am wise enough to heed the teaching.
Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment